A lush and smooth frozen dessert, this homemade dole whip recipe will transport you back to your favorite Disney parks vacation, and the tropical pineapple will make you feel like you’re in the Enchanted Tiki Room. Bright, refreshing, and so easy to recreate in your own home.
Walt Disney World, and other theme parks, are the home to magic and memories for families all over the world. One of the best ways to create a vivid and tangible memory is through the taste and scent of food. And that is among the many reasons why Disney is one of the most everlasting parks in the world – even the people who have never been have surely heard of the turkey legs, the beignets, the Grey Stuff, and the frozen treat we’re recreating today, Dole Whip.
What does Dole Whip taste like?
For those who have never experienced the addicting sweetness of pineapple dole whip, it is basically like a soft serve ice cream, except even lighter in texture with a super fresh and tropical taste. It just perfectly melts in your mouth and adds the slightest bit of tang to your sweetness.
My husband, who has never set foot in a Disney park, has already asked for this twice since the first time I made it. And it’s so easy to make that I just whip it up again in under 5 minutes.
What is Dole Whip made of?
This recipe is completely dairy-free, is done within 5 minutes, and only has a few ingredients!
- Frozen pineapple chunks. They must be frozen. If you only have fresh pineapple, just cut it up into chunks and then put in the freezer until they are frozen.
- Pineapple juice. This adds some extra pineapple flavor.
- Coconut milk. Low fat is okay if you wish!
- Sugar – just a couple tablespoons for flavor.
- Lemon juice. Again, just a little bit.
- Salt. This is totally optional, but I add just a tiny pinch of salt to my Dole Whip, and it lends to even more complex and deeper flavor.
What about a float?
Disney also serves dole whip floats – you can definitely turn this recipe into that! It is basically just Dole soft serve with pineapple juice. You can add some vanilla ice cream too for an extra special treat!
Tips and Tricks
- This is a recipe that can’t be done by hand – you really need a powerful blender or food processor.
- Swirl into your bowl using a piping bag with a star-shaped nozzle for the full Disney experience!
- Blend this up in a few stages – blend for about 20 seconds, mix it all up, then blend some more. Repeat this process until the Dole Whip is super smooth and silky.
- Put the liquids into your blender first, so it mixes up easier.
- For an added aesthetic, hollow out the bottom of a pineapple and make yourself a special bowl!
- 1 16oz bag frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tiny pinch salt
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Process for about 15-20 seconds, then mix using a spoon. Repeat this 3-4 times, or until the mixture is smooth.
- If desired, fill in a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped nozzle and swirl into bowl.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
For another quick treat, check out my Brown Butter Pecan Rice Krispie Treats!