A delicious spin on a classic treat, Air Fryer Loaded Deviled Eggs have a crispy panko breading, sautéed jalapeños, bacon, and cream cheese to make a perfect party appetizer, or an at-home snack. These are quick and easy to make within minutes in your air-fryer!
Deep Fried deviled eggs are one of my favorite treats. It can turn into a bit of a guilty pleasure, cause how many times can you really eat a deep fried egg white, topped with mustard, mayo, and egg yolk until it becomes a problem? And going to the trouble of deep frying twelve eggs, all so I can have a treat just began to feel a bit excessive. And enter the air fryer.
Air fryer deviled eggs have all the taste you love from the classic party starter, with a crispy crunch from the panko breading, and I made it even more extra and dramatic with jalapeño’s, cream cheese, and bacon.
What do I need to get started?
- An air fryer. I used an instant pot / air fryer combo, but any air fryer will work just the same.
- Hard-boiled eggs.
- Eggs (not hard-boiled).
- Dijon mustard.
- Cream Cheese.
- Salt and pepper.
- Jalapeño – seeded and finely diced, then sautéed.
- Bacon – fried and finely chopped.
- Paprika, for topping.
- Pickled jalapeño’s, for topping.
- If you are very sensitive to heat, sour cream would be an optional topping, but I did not find these air fried deviled eggs to be hot at all.
How do I make Loaded Deviled Eggs in the Air Fryer?
First you need to hard boil your eggs. This can be done in about 16 minutes in the air fryer, but I did it the traditional way. When you’re eggs are cooking or in their ice bath, you can get started on the filling.
Both the bacon and the jalapeño need to be cooked ahead of time. Seed and dice the jalapeño, then sauté until soft. Set the jalapeño’s aside, and cook about 3 slices of bacon, done to your preference.
Once your eggs are finished, remove them from the cold water (or air fryer, if you made them in there), and peel the eggs, then halve them, putting the yolks in their own bowl. Set all the egg white halves to one side, and make your yolk mixture by combining egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, cream cheese, jalapeños, and bacon. This can be done by hand or with an electric mixer.
To prepare your egg whites, give them a quick rinse, and then get started with the breading. First dunk in flour, then dunk in egg, then in panko. Repeat for each egg white, then air fry.
Take your egg yolk mixture, transfer to a piping bag, and then pipe onto air-fried egg whites. Top with a pickled jalapeño and a sprinkle of paprika and enjoy!
Storage and Make Ahead
These do not hold well in storage. Serve them immediately after making.
- 12 eggs, hard-boiled.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup panko
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked to your preference
- Paprika, for sprinkling
- 12 pickled jalapeños, for topping
- Hard boil your eggs however you prefer.
- Saute jalapenos until soft, then cook bacon to your prefence, and then chop into small pieces.
- Once eggs are completely hard-boiled, peel, and then slice them lengthwise. Remove the egg yolk to their own separate bowl.
- Take each egg white, and toss in the flour, then in the egg wash, then in panko, until all egg whites are breaded.
- Generously spray air fryer with cooking oil, and cook egg whites at 350 for about 5 minutes.
- Take egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, cream cheese, jalapenos, and bacon and mix until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe egg yolk mixture until each air fryed egg white.
- Top with a pickled jalapeno and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Serve immediately.
For another good party appetizer, try my Smashed Potatoes!
For more infö on air-fryers, look here.